The Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (DIEE) of the University of Cagliari was founded 1995 to continue the research activity of the Institute of Electrotechnics founded in 1945.
The DIEE is a primary education and research institution. It offers the following degrees:
- “Laurea” Degree (Bachelor, 3 years) in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- “Laurea” Degree (Bachelor, 3 years) in Biomedical Engineering
- “Laurea Magistrale” Degre (Master, 2 years) in Electrical Engineering
- “Laurea Magistrale” Degree (Master, 2 years) in Electronic Engineering
- “Laurea Magistrale” Degree (Master, 2 years) in Energy Engineering
- “Laurea Magistrale” Degree (Master, 2 years) in Communication Engineering
- Ph.D. degree in Electronic Engineering and Computer Science
- Ph.D. degree in Industrial Engineering
The main research areas within the Department are:
- Automatic Control
- Circuits and Systems
- Computer Science
- Electrical Drives and Power Electronics
- Measurement Systems
- Power Systems
DIEE faculty includes 45 professors and 7 members of the administration staff. Several research associates, Ph.D. students and research assistants are enrolled in the non-permanent staff of DIEE, bringing the total number to 150 members.
The department has a consolidated budget of 2.5M€ with incomes from privately-funded research contracts as well as international, national and local reserach projects.
The department has strong co-operations and relationships with several research labs (both industrial and public) and with other academic institutions world-wide. Being the only higher-education institution on Electrical and Electronic Engineering in Sardinia, the DIEE is strongly connected with the local industry and is devoted to technology transfer activities.